Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The little grey cells

I've wasted my fair share of time. Most notably when John broke his foot over the summer and we played Halo for hours on end, or when I got addicted to Desktop Tower Defense. None of my time wasting activities have actually made me feel dumber afterward though. Even spending time watching people's random videos on YouTube has usually been entertaining. Until today.

It must've been the lure of Michael Jackson's amazing music. I sat watching the following video (after finding it from the Best of Craigslist) and could feel myself getting dumber as I watched. I think at around 4 minutes my eyes crossed. Whether this was a result of my tiredness, or the result of my nerve endings forgetting how to tell my eyes to look straight ahead, I'm not sure. Either way, I left the encounter with a few thousand less brain cells than I started with. I suppose a good majority of them had just been invigorated by my finishing Shakespeare's The Tempest, so I'm not sure if they died happy, or if they felt like they were cut down in the prime of their lives. Either way, no point in dwelling on the past.

I'm going to stop writing now, because I can feel whoever is reading this getting dumber as they read on, so I will spare them the grief that comes with thousands of little cerebral would-be funerals. Please don't watch the whole video. Go find something more worthwhile to do, which probably doesn't include watching the "slow motion baby laughing" video on YouTube for the entire video's length. (Although that one is funny, not dumbening).

I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment