Friday, September 4, 2009

Honesty, anonymously

Try saying that 3 times fast!

I have a friend (who is a girl) who just moved in to a new ward. (I'm not sure if she reads my blog or not, so if you know this is about you and you're upset that I know the following about you, I'm sorry! Please don't be mad!)

That being said, she told a guy friend of mine that she wanted to make a good impression on the guys in her new ward and was wondering what it was she could do to be more attractive physically and in personality. She believes she has an issues with quickly becoming a friend and never moving past that phase.

Frankly, I like this approach of hers and I would like to propose that all of you who read this blog (and who know me personally) do the same.

The rules:
  1. Be anonymous. When posting your comments/opinions, sign out of your own account and don't include your name. I'm fairly certain this is possible for everyone, but I'm not positive. I believe this will help people feel open to express their true opinions. (I think when it asks you to choose the profile you're posting as, there is an option to post as "anonymous.")
  2. Be specific. If it's my hair, my dress, my musk, don't just state it. Let me know what you think I could/should do to be more appealing/pleasant.
  3. Be honest. Remember that because it is anonymous I REALLY WON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I mean, I know who follows my blog and all, but I won't be able to match the comments with the profiles. And I won't look for ways to match them up either, because I don't care. I just want your true opinions/thoughts on the matter.
  4. Be diverse. Try to include both physical and personality suggestions if you can.
I was going to include a 5th rule saying not to be rude, but I know none of you are so I don't worry about that :-) Of course you all know I can take a joke so it's not like you can't throw a jab here and there.

This is not an exercise in self-esteem building or compliment fishing! You can compliment, but only if you have a suggestion/opinion/general betterment to offer with it. And don't feel like you need to compliment me to offset a suggestion you have. I won't take it personally!

I really appreciate people's input. I've described my dating woes as self-inflicted a few times before, and it hasn't changed quite yet. But I would like to be prepared as best I can as soon as I finally come to my senses.

And that is about to happen very soon. I can feel it coming.

3 comments:

  1. Bob, my friend.

    I wouldn't change anything about you physically... you just have to make the moves sooner. I think you are adorable and super sweet and so fun to spend time with, but I think you just need to move it to the next level faster. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.

    You are a very attractive guy...so physically, no changes necessary. However, I do think that you need to take more chances/risks when it comes to dating. I think that you end up missing out on opportunities because you wait too long or move too slow. Come to think of it, it has been a while since I have seen you really PURSUE a girl. SO, take chances...and pursue. That is my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful friend, but when a girl thinks you want to be more than that there's no real movement and so they give up. Friends is all you stay. Be brave and make the move...or tell them otherwise.

    ReplyDelete