Friday, August 28, 2009

August goals

 I think I like the picture at the beginning of the post. It adds feeling.

Alright, well a recap of my August goals:

Body - Improve my posture: I've done pretty well. I've been much more aware of how I hold myself, and have tried to straighten up (physically, not behaviorally). I can't tell how much it has helped, but I like to think I've start to make it a habit at least to notice my posture every now and then.

Mind - Improve my memory: I haven't done very well with this. Fortunately with the new semester starting and my increased responsibility to remember names of ward members, I think September may be a better month for this. I will make it one of my mind goals again.

Spirit - Improve my scripture study: It has definitely improved a lot! I really like the read-less-write-more technique, and will definitely be continuing it (hopefully with even more regularity) until I find something better. I think I made it a little more than every 3rd day in August, which I think I can attribute to the business of travelling. (Attribute, NOT excuse...)

Misc. - read more: Definitely doing well. I finished The Glass Castle a couple of weeks ago (thank you unnecessarily long routes to Detroit! SLC - Phoenix - Atlanta - Detroit) and I am about halfway through Ender's Game. I think once school starts it will be more of a challenge to read for recreation, but I will try to continue it. If I see myself trailing off, I may have to make it another misc. goal again.

Keep me accountable! I'll try to come up with some really good September goals now.

Photo from here

3 comments:

  1. Nice choice of recreational books. Ender's Game is my all-time favorite novel, and I rather enjoyed the Glass Castle. Made me glad my parents are such...good, responsible parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feeling of meeting goals; even if you haven't perfected all the ones on your list, you still should feel proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bob! I was just reading through your blog. I like it. I know you wrote this almost a month ago, but I wanted to tell you, I noticed your good posture at FHE on Monday.

    ReplyDelete