Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baffling

I still haven't quite grasped the concept that a girl can actually like a guy. I still feel like they just put up with us because they're supposed to. I also haven't quite grasped that a girl can actually pursue a guy, as in show signs of interest. Even when I receive those signs, I just call the girl outgoing and flirty and don't think twice about it.

Maybe I've just seen too many movies.

Or maybe I just don't want to seem stupid by assuming someone is interested only to find out she's just outgoing and flirty.

Confusion! Probably (hopefully) where confusion isn't necessary...

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Bob, I still feel exactly the same way about guys... (especially re: the first sentence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah it's hard to know what to do as the girl sometimes, too. Because the movies tell us we're supposed to be pursued, not necessarily to do the pursuing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura and that's exactly why it seems weird to me that a girl might be interested in me. I keep telling myself that I'm reading into too much, even when the signs are quite obvious. Maybe that's an insight into why girls think guys are so slow. You really do have to be super obvious, otherwise we'll just think we're trying seeing signs of interest that aren't really there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like guys. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only girl that does. They're so much funnier than girls are...well not all of them of course.

    ReplyDelete