Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm not a sugar daddy

Starting tomorrow Kellie "the Bone" and I are going to refrain from eating anything with refined sugars in it for 5 days. I am positive this will turn out to be MUCH harder than I think. Pretty much anything that comes in a box will have sugar added to it, and I won't be able to eat it. I may end up starving tomorrow until I get a chance to go to the store on Monday to buy stuff I can actually eat. Or maybe I'll just eat oatmeal all day.

Just thinking about it makes me realize that I definitely don't eat enough fruits and vegetables. And that makes me think that maybe I'm not as healthy as I thought I was. Or maybe I just say that because I ate half a large pizza today. Yeah that's probably the real reason.

Anyway, I guess it'll be an adventure. It reminds me of when I was in high school and my mom and I decided we were going to eat like vegetarians for one week. The only thing I remember is that I went over to a friend's house and told his family about it (it came up in regular conversation) and I overheard them talking about it to each other and they thought it had something to do with me being Mormon. (I had recently converted.)

Anyway, I'm done writing. Maybe tomorrow I'll blog about my conversion, because I realize I haven't really said much about it on here. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I think I need to go on a sugar fast sometime soon too. Lauren Rockwood and I did it freshman year for almost a month, and it was a good wake up call to how much sugar I ate/eat.

    And I'd love to hear your conversion story. I've heard bits and pieces, but never the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete