Monday, June 7, 2010

I guess this weekend wasn't for resting

Friday:

Internship meeting from 12-1 as usual. Then I met with my mom in Murray to look at our auto insurance policy. Apparently my credit rating and driving record are so good that by switching our plan to put it under my name reduced our policy's premium from over $1500 every 6 months to $601 every 6 months! Ka-Ching (says my mom)!

I get home just in time to leave for the Hot Springs in Spanish Fork Canyon. What a place! It was super secluded (about a 45 minute hike from the trail head, which was about a 10-15 minute drive from the highway) and extremely scenic! (To see pictures, click here).

Then we went to In-N-Out. The guy who joined our group at the hot springs (who was originally there by himself... yeah...) must have overheard that we were going to In-N-Out and I guess he followed us there. A little bit creepy...

Then of course hot tubbing and swimming, since we apparently didn't get enough of the water.

Saturday:

10am Ultimate game. We weren't at full strength, were missing one of our best players, and had a player with an ankle injury (way to walk back and forth between end zones, Nat! Sorry we couldn't get it to you better...), and we lost. I think losing 6-12 isn't so bad when you are so outnumbered.

Then went to watch the Soccer game. We also lost that. I guess we couldn't expect much being one man down, and when the other team has a bunch of Hispanic players and an African player. (Complimentary racism?)

Ward activity at Rock Canyon park with a water balloon civil war. I wish I had pictures of that. Oh well.

Volleyball at the Riv at night. Fun times.

A couple of episodes of 24. It's sickening that we have only 1 more episode left in season 1 when we started like 10 days ago. It's also awesome.

Well time for bed. I'm still awake because I took a 2-hour nap today, but maybe I can manage a little sleep before tomorrow.

Those who read all the way to the end: leave a comment on what you're thinking about right now.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about how the word "sickening" could be used to mean that something makes something cool. Or "sick." Like, "dude, that tie is so sickening!" I like it, but will probably never do it. A bit too nerdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that I read Matt's comment, I'm thinking about the scene in Home Alone when Kevin's going through his brother's stuff, and sees a "magazine," and says "no clothes on anybody...sickening!"


    but before that, I was thinking that volleyball Saturday night was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im thinking when I first met you you were addicted to 24 and your academics were kind of sketchy. Now you are addicted to 24 again. What part of your life is getting the shaft to make room for 24:-)? Oh and Im thinking you should come visit very soon!

    ReplyDelete