Thursday, June 24, 2010

Priorities

I had an interesting conversation with my mom a few weeks ago that has stuck with me. She was talking about how people often worry more and spend more time looking for their first job out of college than looking for a spouse.

How do you feel about that? It seems backwards as far as priorities goes, but I can't blame anyone for it being that way since finding a job fills a more immediate need. I just think something isn't right when we stress out more about finding a job that will last for a few years (heck, let's even say it lasts until you retire) and less about finding someone to spend eternity with.

I'm not saying I'm exempt from it either. Cause I'm not stressed about finding a wife. (In case that's what you were thinking.) But I have no idea what I want to do when I'm done with school.

1 comment:

  1. I have SO MUCH of no idea that it makes me cry a lot if i think about it too hard. LIke i used to cry when i was little when i wanted to buy something but hated spending money. Only this is worse. Spouse or not, it sucks.

    An enlightening conversation i had with MY mother was great. She said something like this:
    There will be times in your life when your "choice spectrum" is VERY narrow come 60 hour a week jobs, and limited vacation days and kids and schedules. Isn't it great that the WORLD is your choice right now?

    Good luck, Bob!

    ReplyDelete