Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I wish I could post pictures

It'll be worth your time to read this whole post. I know it's long, but push through!

So usually I hate when people go to cool places where I don't get to go and then have tons of fun without me and get to do tons of cool stuff that I don't get to do.

As of about 3pm yesterday I was figuring that this wasn't going to be one of those trips. Then the after-3pm stuff happened.

Sorry, but I'm going to be one of those people for the next couple of days.

Yesterday (pre-3pm), along with everyone from the BYU AdLab, we got to go to a number of lectures and panels. It was pretty neat to get to hear people like Russell Simmons, John Legend, ?estlove, Ricky Carmichael, Spike Lee, and other "big" people like the CEO of Nascar speak to us about marketing, advertising and the changing environment for everything. But we were all so tired, you guys. The plane ride I was on had a very loud group of Vietnamese passengers in the row in front of me. As in my earplugs were all the way in (like, I'm-about-to-lose-them-in-my-ear-forever deep) and their chattering was keeping me awake. I got about 1.5 hours of sleep I think)

Anyway, Jeff scored us all some tickets to the Billboard concert featuring the aforementioned John Legend (playing with The Roots). The first opener was some random gospel choir, so I wasn't expecting to leave my comfortable seat about 150 feet behind the floor in front of the stage. Then I changed my mind and went and joined the AdLab group.

Enter, by complete surprise, Bruno Mars (Here and Here). Well, long story short, that was awesome. I'm definitely going to buy his music now because he is so super good, and I may or may not have a slight man crush on him now...

Today we opted out of attending any of the AdWeek stuff (a decision made slowly, as we were originally planning on attending at least one event today, but then we got so caught up with everything else we eventually chose not to do any of them.) We did, however, visit McCann Worldgroup and Naked Communications, both of which were pretty great.

Then we walked. Forever. Down to Chinatown, WTC Ground Zero, and across the Brooklyn bridge. Then my feet fell off.

Oh yeah and we ran into Joseph Gordon-Levitt on some random small street. He was on the phone with a suitcase. This is a guy who I've watched in movies and TV shows since I was little. (Angels in the Outfield, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 500 Days of Summer, G.I. Joe, and of course Inception.) Weird. We went back to try and get a picture with him, but he was like "Sorry, I've really got to stay on this call. Sorry!" (Or something along those lines.) I got a random picture of him from behind from super far away, but you definitely can't tell it's him. Oh well.

Ok, I'm going to walk back to the loft and get ready for bed. Tomorrow morning is Central Park relaxation morning, before all the craziness of day 3 hits.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely in a McDonald's using the free wifi since we can't get it to work in our loft.

Oh yeah and I think I'm setting myself up for some serious disappointment. Maybe I should be more prudent. But deep inside I feel like I can't give up yet. Because I would seriously regret giving up without a fight. And I already have enough regrets.


Whatever. I can handle disappointment, but I can't take any more regrets. I will be more prudent though.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if my jealousy could be any more right now. I don't know if I'll be able to handle your blog posts this week. Please tell Central Park I say hi and I miss it dearly. thanks.

    ReplyDelete