Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I promise I'm happy

So a good friend just helped me realize that my blog posts as of recent have been lonly-esque and a little bit in downersville. Then I realized that while Facebook has become a place for me to spread my happy moments and realizations, this blog has unfortunately taken the brunt of emotion and become a place to vent frustration.

How about this one: I was driving home two days ago and a song from "Dan in Real Life" was playing on my iPod, and I realized just how happy life really is. It was for a moment all of the junky things people have to go through made sense, and that it is all worth it. (Ignore the terrible grammar of that sentence, please.) I helped comfort someone in distress on Sunday, I was reminded how greatful I am for the Restoration, and once again got to compare my life now with my hypothetical "I was never tracted out by the missionaries and subsequently baptized/converted" life. Being a member of the church has only made life harder.

Oh yeah, and wonderfuller. Can't forget wonderfuller.

Laura's right: butterflies in the stomach is great. I had it for the first time in a long time this week, and I'm hoping to have it again soon! I need to get her number first. :-P Wish me luck!

Along those lines, here's a funny one: last month I met a girl but never got her number. She seemed at least a little interested, so I was kinda bummed. Finally, after complaining to our mutual friend, he found an excuse for me to see her again. Something was different this time though--she seemed distant and less interested, including a classic playbook "hey, this is my friend so-and-so. She doesn't know many people around here." When instead I kept talking to her (kindly greeting her friend and continuing my conversation), this happened:

"Oh, well I just saw something on my fridge that I need to go look at. I think it might be a cleaning check notice, in which case I would have to clean all day tomorrow." (Exit: girl.)

'Nuff said.

Except that we overheard conversation that implied she has a boyfriend. Now 'nuff said.

3 comments:

  1. Bob! I found your blog. This is kind of ridiculous that I couldn't find it before, but somehow in my very technically-challenged way, I couldn't view your profile or thus, your blog. Anyway. I'm glad you commented so that I found it!

    Also, I'm taking kellie's/your apartment's challenge to NOT be a stranger next year, when I won't be in the ward. I'm SO going to be using your leather couches. And that's final:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that girl was sly! I don't know how you caught on to that clue...

    and as for butterflies...just make sure they're not poisonous south american butterflies...if they're not sweeeeeet! those don't come around all the time!

    you get that number!

    ReplyDelete