Sunday, July 12, 2009

My own medicine

In my dating life, I've always been turned off by the idea of competing for a girl. I've always thought that I should be able to woo someone I'm interested without having to be just a little bit better than someone else. I guess in my mind that means that she would like me for who I am, and not just because I'm the best option at the time. (Even though those two can go together... if that makes any sense.)

I was talking with a friend about how I just kind of drop things if I find out a girl I'm interested in might be interested in someone else. "But what if she's a really great girl then? Is she still not worth fighting for?"

To me that seems like quite a loaded question. Nevertheless, it made me start to rethink my perspective on dating. Maybe I should follow my own advice instead of give up so easily. If it's something I want, that doens't mean I should give it up just because someone else might want it to.

Just a thought. Sorry if my self-inflicted dating woes bore you. You'll live.

1 comment:

  1. Bob, your "self-inflicted dating woes" do NOT bore me. At all. Ever.

    The more that I think about it...I am the one always commenting on my own "self-inflicted dating woes" every time I go over to your apartment. Oh dear. I hope I don't bore YOU. :]

    ReplyDelete