Monday, April 12, 2010

Garbage

So BYU's L'Oreal Brandstorm team went to good ol' NYC to blow away the other schools in the National L'Oreal Brandstorm competition.

Unfortunately the world has gone to trash. The challenge: to create a new line of men's beauty product through Diesel. BYU's product line "Immortal" only got 2nd place to NYU's line "Foreplay." That's right, foreplay. It's a product that is basically a cologne/perfume for your not-so-public parts.

Everyone at the competition said BYU had the best presentation. Diesel was sold on NYU's willingness to push the limit. Now, I wasn't there and couldn't really say anything definitively, but from what I've heard (from a biased group, of course, but still...) it sounds like Diesel overlooked a lot of things from BYU's team simply because NYU dared to go where they did.

Gross. On the positive side, I heard that NYU's business school's dean told the NYU team he hoped BYU's team wouldn't walk out on their presentation because it was so raunchy.

Diesel is a gross brand anyway. I learned that first hand while preparing my own case study/product line a few months ago.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking everywhere for a fragrance for my privates.

    ReplyDelete