Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why today was a good day

  1. I actually got a lot done in the time I was at school from 7:30am to 3:30pm. I gave the Sierra-West presentation (practice round 2) (wow, that was today? I guess technically it was yesterday, but it feels like 2 or 3 days ago already...). I worked a bit on the MTV account, we came up with a few rad ideas for the Boy Scouts account, then we spent another 2 1/2 hours working on our Sierra-West presentation. It's getting pretty good.
  2. Our (Brandon Tholen's and my) tenacity, doggedness, persistence, and indefatigability helped us get the house we have been fighting for (and had almost given up on). And yes, I just used the thesaurus on the word "tenacity" and wrote down a bunch of synonyms. My browser doesn't recognize "indefatigability."
  3. I went running for the first time in a couple of weeks. I'm way out of shape, but it still felt good.
  4. I went on a date for the first time in a couple of weeks. I'm way out of practice, but it still felt good :) Hoping to find another date for Friday's ballroom dance performance...
  5. I paid a bill and went grocery shopping. (And saw one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen while shopping. I've seen her a few times on campus and she takes my breath away.) Oh yeah, and girl's who shop at Smith's are hotter than girls who shop at Macey's. Just sayin'. I got to compare today because I went to both.

Housing debacle


A group of us (Brandon, Josh, Jonathan, Bryan, Matt, Tyler, and I) were looking for a place we could all stay. We found a place (which to my understanding is pretty nice, unfortunately I haven't seen it yet) right next door ( a house) which would be great. Then we found out the current owner decided to sell it, and the people who were buying it wanted to make it into women's housing instead.

Then we found out that BYU wanted to make it into women's housing in order to get rid of the (crappy) reputation of the Hollywood house. Brandon Tholen and I began preparing for an epic battle of wills, testimonies, and probably not fists. We got our current bishop and our (hopefully) future bishop to strap on the whole 9 yards of ammo, ready to fight for our entry into the house.

Apparently it only took a few precise shots by our sharpshooter, Bishop Henley (can you tell I've played too much Modern Warfare 2 lately?) to soften the hearts (or convince BYU?) of the soon-to-be owners to let us stay there.

If they try anything we've got literally 14 people as references, 3 of whom are ecclesiastical leaders with the ward's and stake's interest in mind.

Score one for networking. Boo-ya.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome...and jeeze it's going to be a party every day in that house. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for housing! :) And productivity! and working out! (Kim and I went running on Saturday and it felt wonderful.)

    ReplyDelete